Location: Lochem (the Netherlands)
What will you do?
Together with your team you are responsible for the short and long term innovation and nutritional knowhow of ForFarmers. You develop distinctive feeds with predictable animal performance results at the lowest cost. In addition you are responsible for the technical performance of the feeds.
Tasks and responsibilities as Manager Nutrition & Innovation Ruminants:
- Continuous development of ForFarmers feeding vision and feed evaluation system with new and enhanced nutritional calculation rules, digestion figures and animal requirements.
- Manage, coach and develop the team in order to be equipped for current and future business challenges and contribute to optimizing business results.
- Provide both market pull as well as technology push solutions.
- Translate commercial requirements into nutritional specifications at the lowest possible price.
- Manage the required product specifications (raw materials, nutrients, physical quality, manufacturing and other requirements) with a high level of operational excellence.
- Establishing relationships with third party organisations and academia to source new technologies which are both technically and financially beneficial for ForFarmers.
- Critically evaluate the effectiveness of additives, raw materials and other ingredients.
- Successful transfer of nutritional knowhow to sales teams.
- Develop new feeds and feed solutions based on external research and in house ideas and knowledge. In addition, collaborating with other suppliers and producers to develop innovative products and solutions.
- Manage the research facilities and field trials with limited budgets and maximum output.
- MSc, PhD education in nutrition.
- Excellent knowledge of ruminants.
- Good verbal and writing skills in English and Dutch.
- Capable of managing an international team of highly educated people who are primarily based in the Netherlands.
- Able to generate new ideas and innovations and communicate effectively within ForFarmers.
- Hands on and proactive approach.
- Experience in dealing with external knowledge institutes and companies.
- Willingness to travel within ForFarmers working area.
- A cost-effective mindset.
Are you the Manager Nutrition & Innovation Ruminants we are looking for?
The recruitment and selection for this vacancy is put out to nomilk2day headhunters. You can find more info on the website of nomilk2day.